Mikes Japan

Friday 25 March 2011

Kanji Magic!

Kanji Magic!
I recently bought a new smartphone. This time an Android one. Being a geek, of course I looked at making apps for it. I started playing round with various tutorials but I have decided to make an app that I think might actually be useful - an application to test your Kanji reading ability.

The app's name is Kanji Magic and it allows you to test yourself on a various groups of Kanji. You can choose the groups (for example Names/Cities or Names/People or Animals/Fish).

Hopefully by the time I'm ready to release this application I will have created a huge amount of data for it.

Anyways, for the moment this app is closed sourced. Mainly because it's my first attempt at using Java for ages so I want to get up to speed with it again before showing my Java code.

When the app is finished, it will be free to download from the Android Market.

I'm still thinking about other features to add (possibly a learning algorithim?)
 
Anyway Android is a great system to program for and Java has really come a long way since I last looked at it. Although interfaces are annoying to design in Android!

Keep an eye on this blog to see various updates about its progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment